Micro Lens Array (FA2MLA)
Micro lens array is a format that pack many micro lens together in a certain manner. Which can realize beam focusing, merging, divergence and other functions. It is light-weighted and can be coupled to different system.
You can choose MLA from below table and coupling a Fiber Array to it.
*We highly recommend starting with our stocked microlens array. Which are generally much cheaper than customized solutions.
Below table refer to MLA available for fiber array coupling.
|wdt_ID||Type||Pitch X*Y (mm)||Lens Thickness(mm)||Lens Shape||Lens Format||Lens Count||Lens N.A||Lens Diameter||Packing Density||Focus Length|
|4||Fused Silica (RI=1.457)||0.15*0.15||0.5||Circular||Aspherical||32*32||0.22||φ0.15||78%||0.679mm|
|5||Fused Silica (RI=1.457)||0.15*0.15||0.5||Square||Aspherical||32*32||0.22||0.15*0.15||98%||1.88mm|
A micro lens array is a collection of small lenses arranged in a grid pattern on a substrate. These lenses are designed to capture and focus light onto a detector or image sensor, such as in a camera or scanner. The lenses in a micro lens array can have different shapes and sizes, and can be made from various materials, such as glass or plastic. They are often used in applications where a wide field of view or high resolution is required, and can help improve image quality, reduce distortion, and increase sensitivity.
A micro lens array has several advantages over traditional single-lens systems:
- Increased field of view: By using multiple lenses, a micro lens array can capture a wider field of view than a single lens.
- Improved resolution: The use of multiple lenses can help to increase the resolution of an image, as each lens can capture a portion of the image in greater detail.
- Reduced distortion: A micro lens array can help to reduce distortion, such as barrel or pincushion distortion, that can occur in single-lens systems.
- Increased light sensitivity: A micro lens array can help to increase the sensitivity of a camera or sensor, as each lens can capture more light and focus it onto the detector.
- Compact and lightweight: Micro lens arrays are typically smaller and lighter than traditional single-lens systems, making them well suited for use in portable devices such as smartphones and cameras.
- Cost-effective: Micro lens arrays can be produced at a lower cost than traditional single-lens systems, since they use less material and can be manufactured using microfabrication techniques.
Micro lens arrays can be used in a variety of applications and have benefits in many of them. Here are a few examples where they can be particularly beneficial:
- Smartphone cameras: Micro lens arrays can be used to increase the field of view and resolution of the camera, and to reduce distortion. This can result in higher quality images with more detail and less distortion, even in low light conditions.
- Machine vision: Micro lens arrays can be used in machine vision systems to improve image quality and increase the field of view, which can be useful for applications such as object recognition, inspection, and robotics.
- Medical imaging: Micro lens arrays can be used in medical imaging devices, such as endoscopes and microscopes, to increase the resolution and reduce distortion of images.
- LiDAR: Micro lens arrays can be used in LiDAR systems to capture more data and increase the resolution of the 3D point clouds.
- Augmented Reality: Micro lens arrays can be used in augmented reality (AR) devices to improve the quality of the virtual images and increase the field of view.
- Surveillance: Micro lens arrays can be used in surveillance systems to increase the field of view of the camera and improve image resolution, which can make it easier to identify individuals and objects.
- Biometric: Micro lens arrays can be used in biometric systems to improve the quality of the images captured, which can help increase the accuracy of the biometric data.