Capillary Plate (CP)
- High density pore (3um/4um/6um diameter)
- Length Depth (L/D) up to 200
- Open Area Ratio (OAR) up to 60-75%
- Small Non-Linear Coeffcient
- Very Weak Rayleigh Scattering
Capillary Plate (CP) are made of hollow fibers. Within each hollow fiber, there are Cladding,Core, and Air-gaps.
The air holes in the hollow-core fiber can act as a common channel for light and fluid at the same time, and the laser can have a strong direct interaction with the gas or liquid entering the interior of the hollow-core fiber. Moreover, the size of air holes in hollow-core fibers is generally in the range of several micrometers to tens of micrometers. The existence of microchannels not only avoids complex processing technology but also greatly reduces the consumption of samples. Therefore, hollow-core microstructure fibers are used in microfluidics. The detection has a very broad application prospect.
The specification below are refer to the production possibility with a certain type of material combination.
You can customize the Fiber Capillary Plate with specification mentioned below.
|1||Geometric||Circular, Square, Rectangles||The Geometric here refer to the shape of the plate, not the shape of the Hole|
|2||Thickness||≥0.3mm||Thickness of the plate (which is the same as the depth of the hole), thic|
|3||Dimension||Diagonal 100mm||Dimension is the effective area dimension of the plate (Where is covered with Holes)|
|4||Hore Size||regularly start from 4um (1um in experimential)||Hole size refer to the hole (pore) diameter, usually smaller hole are more difficult to fabricate|
|6||Heat Resistance||500℃||The maximum temperature environment the plates should be used|
|7||Coating||Apply coating inside the pores on the wall available||You can apply coating on the wall of the hole|
|8||Length to Diameter Ratio||up to 200x||Hole (Length) Depth compared with Hole Diameter, 200x LD ratio is a stable parameter for our Capillary Products.|
|9||Open Area Ratio||above 60% (75% in experimential)||The "Holey" area compared with the Effective Area, 60% OAR is a stable parameter for our capillary products.|
|10||Bevel||with or without bevel||without bevel the edge area of the plate will not function properly|
The capillary stacking drawing process is most widely used process for microstructure fibers. Whether the structure is simple or complex, the stacking drawing process can basically be used.
This process can also be applied to fibers of different materials. The stacking drawing process flow is shown in the figure below, the main package is Including the following steps:
1) drawing the capillary glass tube and rod;
2) drawing the capillary glass The glass tubes are stacked into the designed optical fiber structure by the stacking method;
3) Add The outer tube constitutes a microstructure optical fiber preform;
4) At a high temperature of 2000 °C, the optical fiber is drawn by using a special optical fiber drawing tower.
5) Put the optical fiber rod in the support tube, At high temperature, the micro-structured optical fiber is drawn by using a special optical fiber drawing tower
Capillary Plate (CP) Glossary
|Hole Size (Pore Size)||The Diameter of the Hole (Pore)|
|Open Area Ratio||The Holey Area Compared with the Effecitve Area on the FCP (Effective are showed in right figure)|
|Length Diameter Ratio (L/D Ratio)||The Length (Depth) of The hole compare with the Diameter of the Hole|
Capillary plate are used in a variety of applications, including:
- DNA sequencing: Capillary arrays are used to separate DNA fragments by size and to read the sequence of the DNA.
- Protein separation: Capillary arrays are used to separate proteins by size, charge, or other properties.
- Chemical analysis: Capillary arrays are used to separate and identify different chemicals in a sample, such as in liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry.
- Medical diagnostics: Capillary arrays are used in medical diagnostics to separate and analyze blood and other body fluids for various markers of disease.
- Environmental analysis: Capillary arrays are used to analyze environmental samples for pollutants, toxic chemicals, and other contaminants.
- Food and agriculture: Capillary arrays are used to analyze food and agricultural samples for contaminants, nutrients, and other properties.
- Forensics: Capillary arrays are used in forensic science to analyze fingerprints, blood, and other evidence.
- Drug discovery: Capillary arrays are used to analyze biological samples to identify new drug targets, to isolate and purify potential drugs, and to analyze the effects of drugs on cells and organisms.
- Microfluidics: Capillary arrays can be used in microfluidic devices as channels or reservoirs to control the flow of liquid samples, and in lab-on-a-chip systems.
These are some of the common applications of capillary arrays. The specific application will determine which type of capillary array to use and how the capillary array will be used.
Common Types are the product configuration oftenly used in the industry.
Could be a good reference for customization your own components.
|wdt_ID||Holes size/um||External Dimension/mm||Thickness(mm)||L/D||Open area retio|
|1||dia5||dia25.4 (25.4x25.4)||1||200||≥ 60%|
|2||dia5||40 x 40||1||200||≥ 60%|
|3||dia5||40 x 40||0.5||100||≥ 60%|
|4||dia10||dia25.4 (25.4x25.4)||1||100||≥ 60%|
|6||dia50||25 x 25||1||20||≥ 60%|
|7||dia50||10 x 10||0.4||8||≥ 60%|
|8||70 x 70||10 x 10||0.4||4||≥ 60%|
|12||dia5/ 10 / 25 / 50||dia13||0.5||< 200||≥ 60%|
|13||dia5/ 10 / 25 / 50||dia13||1||< 200||≥ 60%|
|14||dia10 / 25 / 50||dia13||1.5||< 200||≥ 60%|
|15||dia10 / 25 / 50||dia13||2||< 200||≥ 60%|
|16||dia25 / 50||dia13||2.5||< 200||≥ 60%|
|17||dia25 / 50||dia13||3||< 200||≥ 60%|
|18||dia25 / 50||dia13||4||< 200||≥ 60%|
|19||dia25 / 50||dia13||5||< 200||≥ 60%|
|20||dia5/ 10 / 25 / 50||dia25 (25x25)||0.5||< 200||≥ 60%|
|21||dia5/ 10 / 25 / 50||dia25 (25x25)||1||< 200||≥ 60%|
|22||dia10 / 25 / 50||dia25 (25x25)||1.5||< 200||≥ 60%|
|23||dia10 / 25 / 50||dia25 (25x25)||2||< 200||≥ 60%|
|24||dia25 / 50||dia25 (25x25)||2.5||< 200||≥ 60%|
|25||dia25 / 50||dia25 (25x25)||3||< 200||≥ 60%|
|26||dia25 / 50||dia25 (25x25)||4||< 200||≥ 60%|
|27||dia25 / 50||dia25 (25x25)||5||< 200||≥ 60%|
Stocked samples are the products we can shipped out within 3 working days.
There’s no order quantity required for stocked samples.You can get them for inspection before starting your project.
Fiber Optic Microwell (FOM)>
Fiber Capillary Array (FCA)>
Micro Channel Plate (MCP)>