Fiber Optic Microwell(FOM)
- High density array (3um/4um/6um diameter microchamber)
- Perfect match for your optical reader and specimens
- Higher Signal to Noise Ratio (by reducing stray light)
A microwell is a small depression or chamber that is used to hold small amounts of liquid, such as in a microtiter plate. These are commonly used in laboratory research and diagnostic testing, especially in the fields of biology and chemistry, to hold and manipulate small amounts of liquid samples. They can be used for a variety of applications, including cell culture, enzyme assays, and DNA/RNA purification.
It is easy for study on single living cell (e.g:mitochondria metabolic response), entrap cell into microwell for reading. Simple for experiment and highly reproducible.
For getting start with this product, we recommend get some of our stocked sample for understanding the performance.
The specification below are refer to the production possibility with a certain type of material combination.
You can customize the Fiber Microwell with specification mentioned below.
|1||Shape Available||Circular, Square, Rectangles||The shape here are referred to the outer dimension of the plate. (Not the shape of the microwell)|
|2||Material||Borosilicate glass||The major material used in the FOM product|
|3||Dimension||Up to 100mm diagonal||The maximum outer dimension we can made|
|4||Plate Depth||≥0.3mm||The thickness of the plate. (But the microwell depth is not equal to this value)|
|5||Microwell Depth||Customizable||Depth of the microwell, should be lower than the plate depth|
|6||Heat Resistance||500℃||The maximum temperature the product can sustain|
|7||Coating||ITO (Indium tin oxide) or other||The coating apply on the wall of microwell (Which can further increase the SNR)|
|8||Microwell Diameter||≥3um||The diameter of each microwell.|
Micron-level microwells are typically used in applications that require extremely small volumes of liquid and high-resolution analysis. Some of the main applications where micron-level microwells are used include:
- Single-cell analysis: Micron-level microwells are used to isolate and analyze individual cells, which is important for understanding cellular diversity and heterogeneity. This allows researchers to study the behavior and function of individual cells, rather than averaging the results from a population of cells.
- Droplet-based microfluidics: Micron-level microwells are used in droplet-based microfluidic systems to generate and manipulate droplets of various sizes and compositions. These systems are useful for high-throughput screening, genetic analysis, and chemical synthesis.
- Microarray: Micron-level microwells are used as part of microarray platforms, which allow researchers to analyze the expression of thousands of genes simultaneously. This is useful in gene expression analysis and genotyping.
- Single-molecule detection: Micron-level microwells are used to trap and detect individual molecules, such as DNA, proteins, or small molecules. This is useful for detecting rare or low-abundance molecules and studying their interactions and dynamics.
- Cell culture: Micron-level microwells can be used to culture cells in a 3D format, providing a better mimic of the in vivo environment.
- Drug discovery: Micron-level microwells are used in high-throughput screening (HTS) for drug discovery, to test the activity of small molecules or biomolecules against various targets.
Subtyping of Bacillus anthracis:
Mitochondria metabolic response:
|Microwell Diameter (Diagonal)||The Diameter of the microwell|
|Microwell Depth||The Depth of the microwell (example in right figure [a] )|
|Microwell Wall Thickness||The wall thickness of each microwell (example in right figure [b])|
|Plate Depth||The Depth of the Whole plate (example in right figure [c])|
|Coating||The coating applied on the wall of microwell. Usually it could be ITO coating. (see right figures)|
Fiber Optic Microwell (FOM)>
Fiber Capillary Array (FCA)>
Micro Channel Plate (MCP)>